Local libraries are offering events and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s planned at libraries in the Anchor Bay area.
Chesterfield Township Library
The Chesterfield Township Library is open regular hours at full capacity. All services have resumed. There are no restrictions.
The following free programs are scheduled:
• On Tuesdays from 10 am to 3 pm now through April 12 the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program: Tax Preparation and Filing Services will be available at the Chesterfield Township Library. Macomb County Veterans Services has partnered with Macomb Community Action and the Accounting Aid Society to offer free tax help for local veterans and low-income individuals and families. For more information, and to schedule an appointment, call 586-463-2537.
• The Chesterfield Township Library is hosting its annual Peeps Diorama Contest now through April 9. Winners will be announced April 11.
• Books and Babies will be held on Wednesdays now through April 27 from 10:15 am to 11:15 am Bring little ones to enjoy lapsit songs, interactive baby rhymes and simple story books followed by playtime with toys. For children 6 to 24 months old with a caregiver.
• Bring a resume and enthusiasm to the job fair April 6 from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm Onsite interviews for employment opportunities will be available. Sponsored by the Anchor Bay Chamber of Commerce and Chesterfield Township Library.
• Learn more about how money works on April 6 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm Train with a professional coach.
• Adult Craft Night will be held April 7 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm Join for a night of crafts and creativity. Make a masterpiece to take home. All materials will be provided by the library but participants are welcome to bring their own. This month’s craft is Recycled CD Suncatchers.
• Preschool and Kindergarten Drawing Class will be held April 9 from 10:15 am to 11 am Children who have coloring experience are invited to have fun learning how to draw.
• Elementary Drawing Class will be held April 9 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
• Teen Art Club will meet April 9 from 1 pm to 3 pm Teens who have learned the basics can sharpen their drawing skills. Hang out with fellow artists to share ideas while practicing figure drawing, storytelling and advanced techniques.
• Toddler Time will meet April 11 from 10:15 am to 11 am Toddlers with a favorite adult will enjoy interactive stories, songs and games that encourage their emerging language skills.
• Internet Basics training will be held April 11 from 11 am to 1 pm Learn how to use web browsers and search engines to navigate the Internet. Ability to use a computer mouse is a requirement for this class. Computers will be provided.
• Adopt-a-Stream will be held virtually April 11 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm Learn more about the Clinton River Water Council’s Adopt-a-Stream program. In May and October the Adopt-a-Stream volunteers perform “Bug ID’s” and gather other valuable data that is then utilized to assess the water quality and inform important decisions regarding waterway protection and restoration. Email address required at registration.
• Crazy 8s Math Club will meet April 12 from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm Crazy 8s is nothing like your usual math club. Kids are encouraged to play with math in the most outlandish ways, like yelling in the library, flinging marshmallows and tossing dozens of bouncy dice into the air. This eight-week series is for children in kindergarten through second grade.
• Tech Help will be provided April 13 from 3 pm to 4:30 pm Learn how to download audiobooks on a phone, eBooks on a tablet, use Microsoft Office and Word, Internet basics, computer basics, social media, email and more. Bring your tech questions to the library.
• Family Storytime will be held April 13 from 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm Family Storytime is a quiet 30-minute storytime where children can unwind with books, rhymes, songs and crafts. Children are encouraged to wear pajamas. Recommended for kids 5 years old and younger but families are welcome.
The library will be closed April 15 and 16 for Easter and Passover.
Download or stream free emagazines, ebooks, eaudiobooks, TV shows, movies, music, comics and more at chelibrary.org.
Library hours are 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday, 10 am to 5 pm Friday and 10 am to 4 pm Saturday. The Chesterfield Township Library is located at 50560 Patricia Ave. For more information, call 586-598-4900 or go to chelibrary.org.
MacDonald Public Library
The following programs are scheduled:
• Make It Mondays meets 10 am to 5:30 pm on Mondays at the library. Come craft on Mondays for tips and tricks on DIY projects and creative hobbies.
• Sit & Knit meets from 10 am to noon on Mondays at the library.
• Decorate a Flower Pot available April 6 from 5 pm to 6 pm Kids can have fun with Ms. Kelly at the library.
• Toddler and Preschool Storytime is set for April 7 from 10 am to 11 am Join Ms. Kelly at the library for stories, songs and fun. Registration is requested. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space allows.
• Baby and Me Storytime takes place April 8 from 10 am to 11 am Join the library for a book, songs and fun. Registration is required but walk-ins will be accommodated where space allows.
• Fiction Book Club is set for April 12 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm Join the Fiction Book Club and gather with patrons to discuss the reads for the month.
• Smart Money Kids Storytime will be held April 14 from 10 am to 10:30 am Join for a special storytime with representatives of Christian Financial Credit Union. They will share a money themed story with everyone. All who attend will receive a free book courtesy of the Smart Money Kids program. Registration is required.
• A Concert with Jackie and Gary: Singing The Good Old Songs Again will take place April 14 from 6:30 pm to 8 pm Join for a fun night of classic folk songs with Jackie and Gary. Find more information about the artists by visiting jackieandgary.com.
• Egg Drop Science is set for April 15 from 11 am to noon. Kids can come to the library to build a device for dropping an egg from a ladder. Registration is required.
• Anchor Bay Quilters Guild will meet April 18 from 6 pm to 8 pm Join a group of friendly quilters who craft, learn and create. Quilts made often go to benefit charities.
• A Teen Advisory Council meeting will be held April 19 from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm Join and help the library with creating and preparing for programs while making new friends. Free pizza is provided.
A library board meeting will take place April 6 from 6:30 pm to 8 pm
Library hours are 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday and 11 am to 6 pm Friday and Saturday. The library is closed on Sundays. MacDonald Public Library is located at 36480 Main St. in New Baltimore. For more information call 586-725-0273, or visit macdonaldlibrary.org or facebook.com/mplnewbaltimore.
Lenox Township Library
• Pre-K Storytime is offered on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. Join the library for stories and songs at the library. The program is geared towards little kids but all children and families are welcome.
• An Easter party is set for April 9 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm Meet and take pictures with the Easter Bunny, do a fun craft, play some games, and participate in an egg hunt. Also, participate in the Easter basket raffle listed on the events page of the library website. The winners will be announced at the party and additional notifications will be sent out to any winner not in attendance.
• Seed Bomb Craft is available April 12 from 6 pm to 7 pm Children 7 years old and older can create their own seed bombs at the library. Filling out the registration form is required for a child to participate. Register at lenoxlibrary.org.
The library has mobile hotspots available for checkout.
Library hours are 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday, 10 am to 5 pm Friday and 10 am to 4 pm Saturday. The Lenox Township Library is located at 58976 Main St. in New Haven. For more information, call the library at 586-749-3430, or go to lenoxlibrary.org or facebook.com/lenoxtwplibrary.
Ira Township Library
• Eat Healthy, Be Active, Stress Less will be available April 11 and 18. Register by visiting https://msu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rceCqrj8vEtf3ZF1vjFTrwd5EnvXZKUOr. Once registered a link to the class will be emailed.
• Silk Scarf Dying will take place April 16 from 11 am to noon. Dye a silk scarf using spectra art tissue. Learn how to make these beautiful and elegant scarves. Materials provided. There is a limit of 15 participants. Registration required. Best suitable for kids 10 years old and older but all ages are welcome.
The Ira Township Library is located at 7013 Meldrum Road in Ira Township. For more information, call the library at 586-725-9081, or go to stclaircountylibrary.org or facebook.com/stclaircountylibrarysystem.